Monday, October 26, 2009

You were...

You were right.

All along.

But I guess, somewhere, if only subconsciously, no girl want to say that to a guy. At least that would make sense. Or be a good excuse.

Because you were right, when you typed those words for the first time, said you liked me, and thought I liked you too. Yeah. I did. After all, anyone who can laugh at Monty Python with me and appreciate that kind of stupid humor is worth it in my eyes.

But then, who knows. As I said, perhaps it's just an ingrained desire to have the upper hand - I don't know and probably never will. But, it's for that reason that I came to understand even more the appreciation I have for second chances. And third chances. And even fourth ones.

Because I love you. I knew there was something there...but didn't know what. I'd gotten so used to being on the other side of that question, being the one to take the step into unknown territory, and find that you'd read the map wrong, that this place wasn't really what you thought it was. So, I guess maybe I'd forgotten when I said no, forgotten what it felt like to hear that word myself.

Thank God for obnoxious friends, ones who ask you if you've talked to him yet. Wait, did you have a conversation? Hey, come out with us, we can do a double date. And oh yeah, by the way, we'll already be in the area, so could you guys come up on your own? Then, shoot, well, I guess you were right all along, did I lose my chance? I did...dang...well, if that is the case, I'll just get my closure and be done. Oh. Well. Um. So, remember how we said we should play guitar together? Um, yeah. Let's do that.

No comments: