Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog titles, and then some.

What a strange night.

Sometimes, you just feel off. I dunno, I guess maybe it's because it was kind of an odd day yesterday and I didn't have a chance to properly sort it out with Logan being out of town. It's possible that has a lot to do with it.

It is strange for me sometimes when that happens, because I have this odd habit of having conversations in my head before I have them with the actual person. The strange thing is when I plan out the conversations, but don't actually have them, at least not the way I intended to. It's almost like mental lockup - I feel like I dealt with part of it, but not all of it and am just stuck in neutral in my head.

Even so, somehow, saying goodnight, getting not one but two goodnight hugs and kisses makes it better. Maybe just makes my mind quiet down a bit, I'm not sure. I think sometimes, it may even be better when I don't get to have all of the conversations I want to when I want to...because sometimes in the heat or intrigue of the moment, I might be tempted to take things and escalate them to a level that simply doesn't need to happen.

I had a sad conversation with a friend of mine who is going through a separation from their spouse at the moment...and couldn't even comprehend hearing the words he heard. What puts you in a place that makes you not even want to try? I guess I am fortunate to be in a place where that is foreign to me.

“Reconciliation is to understand both sides; to go to one side and describe the suffering being endured by the other side, and then go to the other side and describe the suffering being endured by the first side.”

No comments: