Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One Way, or Another...

Today, was conflicting. Interestingly enough...not for me so much...but all kinds of things going on with everyone else. The day began innocently enough. We had breakfast at Perkins with the Youth Director crew. I knew the morning was going to be a little...interesting? First time talking to the couple since their engagement on Saturday. I dunno, I just thought it might be awkward. It wasn't so bad, and I got the truncated version of the engagement. It involved snowmen. Then, after a comment about 'being in my house and not seeing me,' we wrapped up breakfast and moved on. I spent the morning at work, and then decided to do lunch with a friend since Logan was out of town for work. Had no idea how exciting that would be. Turns out this particular friend had her own ideas about the engagement. That pretty much took up the entire lunch hour. Many, many different things.

Then, after lunch, I find out later on that another friend just moved out and separated from her husband. Just like that.

Then, I had a conversation and coffee with the friend who just got engaged. Some good conversation that helped to put things into perspective.

And then, I get told (in not so many words) that 'I used to be fat, but hey, how do you tell someone that...' Sheesh.

And the night ends with volleyball.

What a weird day.

No comments: